How To Move To Croydon With A Family16Jul 2015
Moving is probably one of the most stressful life events that you will come across, but while it may be stressful on you to move to Croydon, it can also be stressful on your family. Children and pets are extremely sensitive to your mood changes and the way you feel, so they will pick up on any anxiety. A moving process is not usually just a one day thing so it will be hard to protect your family from picking up on any changes that may be going on, it’s important to communicate with children and keep up with routines when it comes to pets, here are some tips for keeping everyone calm during a home move to CR0.
• Create a storage room. You are probably going to end up packing a few things up early and throwing things out. If you have a room in your home that is not used as often, this is a good place to keep any boxes or items while you fill them. Keeping this from piling up around the home will prevent any accidents and should keep pets calm in the rest of the house.
• Get children involved. Let them know they are going to have an exciting new place to stay in and then get them to help with packing a few things. Give them an area to clear and a box that doesn’t need to be too organised, ask them which toys they would like to pack first. Children are much happier when they feel like they can be a part of what’s going on so let them join in.
• Get out of the house. A relocation can get stressful so it is important to break up any anxiety by taking breaks in another environment. Include lots of play in playgrounds with children and take dogs out for lovely walks. Everyone is able to relax during play and they won’t notice that anything is going on so much.
• Think about looking into pheromones for pets. You can get plug in devices for dogs and cats from pet stores to put around the home in Croydon, CR0. This can be great to help them relax. Burning calming oil scents such as lavender or cinnamon can also be great for both your pets and you.
• Get everyone out of house on the move date. Get someone to look after pets and a baby sitter on your actual move day. Moving companies in Croydon will probably be coming in and out or a man and van and you don’t want to have to worry about having the door open or anyone getting in the way. If you can get someone to take a dog out for a nice walk when the movers are in then this is a good idea.
• Once in. At your new place get any pet beds set up before bringing in your pets. Chances are you will be unsettled for a few days and a furniture move in CR2 may still be a work in process. Ensure that pets have a safe area to go that has something that smells like them so that they have a space to relax and feel calm. Also set up a play area for children with their toys so they can entertain themselves while you get on with organising.
The main thing is enjoy your new home, there is no need for stress to take over as long as you plan ahead and make a moving checklist. Pets and children adapt well to changes and as long as you remain calm you will be the perfect role model to be reassured by.